We held the 2005 Symposium at the Emory Conference Center outside of Atlanta. It was an amazing venue. The views from the center were really beautiful, and the event went very smoothly.
Some highlights of the event include:
- The venue. What a great place for a conference. The food was great. The rooms were top notch. The mix of beautiful top end accommodations plus the views of nature was really special.
- The Batman cars that were donated to use by Hasbro for the silent auction. The cars were radio controlled and were really fast. We had something like 6 or 7 of them for use in the auction. Of course we had to demonstrate the use of one. That was a blast!
- The celebration dinner and silent auction was really nice. The families hung out, relaxed and enjoyed the music.
- The work of the doctors volunteering at the event. They put a lot of time in meeting with every family.
- The work of Kiddie Corps again. They came through for us and met the needs of all the kids. This Symposium cemented Kiddie Corps as our go to child care provider.
- The ice cream social was a really nice time to get to know other ALGS'ers and enjoy the out doors.
Emory has some really nice outside areas for socializing and enjoying nature.
The pool at Emory was very popular with the kids. They blew off a lot of steam horsing around in the water.
The food at Emory was top notch. All the buffets were well done and appropriate for ALGS'ers.